SfTI Director's Christmas message ..
Looking back over 2017, I'm delighted with the progress the Challenge has made. Here's a few of my personal highlights:
- funding for 18 new SEED challenges and two new Spearhead projects greenlighted, including greatly increased support for Māori-led research
- a successful programme of national workshops held so industry and Māori leaders could ensure the Challenge was truly 'mission led'
- 50+ new researchers onboard the SfTI Challenge
- current count of approx 187 SfTI researchers across 35 projects, 25 New Zealand and four international organisations
- an overall positive response from our international Science Quality Review Panel
- widening our stakeholder engagement and collaborating with other organisations on our impact pipeline
- increased Capacity Development programmes for our researchers.
As always, there's more to be done - but as 2017 draws to a close I look forward to 2018 and the opportunity to build on what feels like a solid foundation.
Along with SfTI deputy director, Bruce MacDonald and the Programme Office, I'd like to wish you all a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year."